Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Another Stitch Fix: The time when I hid in my room, drank beer and tried on clothes


Note: This post was started in November, a little before Thanksgiving. Yes, I'm behind. But you can say one thing about me: I finish things. Even when it's awkward and so very obviously in the past. Enjoy, anyway! 

Yesterday I got my Stitch Fix box. It came on a day when I started my period, was getting a stye, and forgot the stroller during school pick up and literally had to keep my toddler in a leg-hold while gathering back packs.

It was awesome (sarcasm).

I came home and poured a nice winter lager, ignored the kids, and took my box of clothes to my room.



Yasss. I'm feeling better already.


Nice. They are learning how I like my clothes; colorless and comfy. 

Although they did send me this wine-colored top with navy/black stripes, and I really like it. This is the Market & Spruce Marielle Knit Top $44. Soft. Stretchy. 


Slouchy. My style, much to my husband's chagrin, is "sloppy chic." So kudos to my stylist.


There's just one thing I can't stand about it... The stripes don't go in a straight line. The material was sewn a little off, so they all slant sideways and it's obvious because of the color block at the top. Pass.


Ok, I like this. This is the Sweet Rain Beaty Drape Cardigan $68. Also, sorry about my face. It was a long day. Here I have it wrapped closed, but it's supposed to be worn open, I believe.


Like this. Still love it, however, $68 is a lot, especially since it's nearly the same cardigan I kept from Stitch Fix last winter...

Here's the side/back view of this one, so cute. Fit me perfectly as well. The front solid black part of this sweater is a super soft faux suede.

This is the one I already own, by RD Style. See what I mean? I can't have two black and white open cardigans in my closet. I just can't. Redundant. Do you like the jeans though?? The jeans I've been wearing throughout are the Henry & Belle Jaylie Skinny Jean in "light blue" -- they are a very soft, stretchy distressed skinny jean. They are $148. Gulp.


Next, another lovely, grungy, sloppy cowl neck sweater. This is the RD Style Sinda Side Slit Cowl Neck Sweater $78.


The side slits nearly sold me. Even though this is really just an oversized sweater, there are great details; the hem is sort of curved around the slits, and the construction is solid.

And here I am feeling cozy. Even though my face is still doing that thing. Ugh. I really was a long day. Sorry about that.


Ok, last item I received was this 41Hawthorn Matro Asymmetric Silk Blouse $88. Um, no. Can't stomach a top for $88. I mean, silk... nice. But it's a very cement-like gray. And I do like gray. Also, the fit is a little snug in the shoulders, and not very flattering throughout. I give my stylist props for giving me a somewhat "neutral" color in this one. It does make one think through the money issue... However, I'm still not a big splurger when it comes to blouses. I won't get enough wear out of this to justify that. Also, my bank account can't handle it.



Another view... Also, my phone. You're welcome. And my very tired face. I promise next time I will smile a little for you all.

This is what I decided to change into at the end of this fashion show. I kept the Henry & Belle jeans, because I can rationalize denim (always), and I will get a lot of use out of them. I put on this plaid top, my slippers, and finished my beer.


Cheers!


If you'd like to try out Stitch Fix in the New Year, considering using my referral link, and I will get a little credit when your first box ships! Hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years holiday! 



No comments:

Post a Comment