Life is crazy. Events seem to go by in a blur, with pops of kids laughter, crying, activities, chores...
I've been knitting a lot. I'm working on tops, sweaters, pants, and sets; for others and for my own kids. I FINALLY knit Bella a sweater. She's more than thrilled that something I'm working on is actually for her. It's delightful to see her delighted. :)
I'm also painting the interior of our NEW HOUSE. It's a process, because we are transitioning from 950 square feet, to 2700 square feet. It's surreal. But we love it. I can't even begin to express how much less stress I have, only because my wild children have more space in which to go wild, and it's not all on the ride side of my head.
I will do my best to get back into the blog. Moving and holidays coming up, it's been a challenge. But let me leave you with a list of 5 things I'm thankful for this holiday season:
1. This year, we will have a Thanksgiving meal in our home. We will cook without stepping on each other, and as we have others over to eat, we will not be faced with the prospect of who should sit on whom's lap.
2. This year, we will be able to buy a full-sized Christmas tree, and we will not have to move furniture around in order to make it fit.
3. This year, when the house gets messy, and hectic, and I'm in need of some "mommy-time" I will retreat to MY bathroom, where I have MY OWN bathtub, and I will take a hot bath. ALONE. (Sorry, husband. You are not invited. Not this time)
4. This year, when I need to buy a crazy amount of food and baking supplies, I will have space in my new big fridge, the extra fridge in our attached (*gasp*) garage, and my spacious pantry! (Insert here whatever music or sounds bring about thoughts of dreams coming true, fairy godmothers, and meeting prince charming)
5. This year, when I say I want to MAKE gifts for Christmas, I will have my very own craft/knitting/sewing room in which to retreat and actually follow through with my creative intentions. Many thanks to my husband for supporting me in my endeavors to make this dream possible.